If IRRICAD closes down when trying to open a report, and the crash address is in Rep8.dll (you can see this if you click on the blue underlines ‘click here’ in the crash message under XP or 'View details' under Windows 7),
the reports printer is the issue.
Basically the default reports printer cannot be found or does not exist anymore.
1. Select the correct printer in File|Reports Print Setup. This resets the default printer saved in the registry. Note that if the correct printer was already showing change it to another one and close the dialog. Then go back into the dialog and select the correct printer.
2. Close IRRICAD to save the changes you have made.
3. Now run IRRICAD, open your design and open your report.
If your problem persists the registry may need to be edited manually and the Reports printer will need to be removed from the registry.
1. Close IRRICAD and go to Start | Run and type in Regedit
2. Open the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder
3. Open the Software folder
4. Open the AEI Software folder
5. Open the Irricad folder
6. Open the VisualSettings folder
7. Open the General folder
8. You will now see a list of 4 values in this folder. Double click on the ReportsPrinter value.
9. In the Value Data field delete the name of the printer and click OK.
10. Close the Registry Editor window and restart IRRICAD.
Another cause can be due to your anti-virus software stopping the creating of the MFT files when the report is longer than a page or two. If this is the case visit the forum post If Opening Reports gives a Fatal Error in an MFT File (https://www.irricad.com/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 1095#p1095) for assistance.
The IRRICAD Team
Frequently asked questions - and answers!
1 post • Page 1 of 1