If a message appears "File 40:- Could not open Component Database" the file name and path will be listed in the error message. If this occurs while trying to start IRRICAD then IRRICAD will not run because it cannot locate the default database; the database has either been moved to a different location or has been deleted. (Note that in IRRICAD 15.08 you can now search for the missing database).
The name and location of the database is saved in the registry. In order for IRRICAD to open either copy the database back to the default location or edit the registry.
To edit the registry:-
1. Close IRRICAD and go to Start | Run and type in Regedit
2. Open the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder
3. Open the Software folder
4. Open the AEI Software folder
5. Open the Irricad folder
6. Open the VisualSettings folder
7. Open the HydraulicDesign folder
8. You will now see the "DbsName" entry in the right-hand panel. Double click on the DBSName value.
9. In the Value Data field enter the correct path and/or name of the default database and click OK.
10. Close the Registry Editor window and restart IRRICAD.
An alternative method is to set the default database path and name to the Tutorial database and location in the registry. Then in IRRICAD Settings|Irrigation - Design Specific set the default database to the required location and name and click the [Save as Defaults] button.
If upon opening a design the component database used to create the design cannot be located you will be provided a dialog to browse for the new location. Once selected save the design so that the new location will be remembered.
Frequently asked questions - and answers!
1 post • Page 1 of 1