The following instructions illustrate how to change the file/folder permissions so that IRRICAD will operate successfully under Windows 7. Although this is usually achieved automatically in Versions 10 + in some cases the properties may still require to be set manually.
1) Make sure that the user you are logged in with has Administrator rights.
2) Open Windows Explorer.
3) Navigate to the Irricad or FastQuote folder (normally C:\Program Files\AEI Software\...)
4) Right Click on the Irricad or FastQuote folder (e.g. “Irricad Pro 9.5”) in the figure above and select “Properties”, now click on the “Security” tab. Click the [Edit] button.
5) Select the user or group that you want to be able to use Irricad. Now make sure that the “Modify” and “Write” options are checked. In the example below all members of the “Users” group are given the correct permissions to the Irricad folder.
6) Click [Ok] and [Ok] again. The permissions to allow Irricad to load and save files correctly have now been applied.
Frequently asked questions - and answers!
1 post • Page 1 of 1